How To Compare Life Insurance Quotes Online and Save Money
While we are a privately-owned business, the offers that appear on this site are from companies from which www.comparingexpert.com.au receives compensation. We may receive compensation from our partners for placement of their products or services. We may also receive compensation if you click on certain links posted on our site.
While compensation arrangements may affect the order, position or placement of product information, it doesn’t influence our assessment of those products. Please don’t interpret the order in which products appear on our site as any endorsement or recommendation from us.
www.comparingexpert.com.au compares a select range of products, providers and services, but we don’t provide comparisons or information on all available products, providers or services. Please appreciate that there may be other options available to you than the products, providers or services covered by our service.
When searching for great value life insurance that’s also affordable, shopping around and comparing quotes online can help you find a great deal.
When comparing life insurance quotes online, you’ll get a good idea of what’s available and what you can expect to pay. Use the guide below to get started.
Why you should compare insurance quotes before buying a policy
Every person’s situation and life insurance needs are different. When using a website that shows life insurance rates from a variety of major insurance companies in Australia you can get instant term life insurance quotes that fit your requirements and budget.
Benefits of comparing life insurance quotes online
- Save money by shopping around
- Easily review all available options in one place
- Pick a policy that works best for you and your family
- Quick and easy application process once you’ve found the right quote
What to look for when choosing a comparison website
For an effective online life insurance comparison, you’ll want to use a comparison tool which usually has the following characteristics:
- Puts you in control so that you can compare quotes at your own pace.
- Compares a variety of life insurance companies and policy types.
- Offers transparency by providing premiums side-by-side.
- Ability to review and compare all the features and benefits available from each company.
- An easy-to-use comparison tool that offers a simple way to select and apply for a policy.
- Provides informative articles regarding the different insurers and policy types available.
- Insurance specialists available to assist with any queries or concerns you might have.
Using the right life insurance quotes website can help you find a variety of the most affordable policies that meet your requirements.
Buy Life Insurance Directly
|Policy||Maximum Cover||Maximum Entry Age||Expiry Age|
|Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance|| |
|Get your first month’s premium waived. Plus, receive a 10% discount on the second life insured when two applications are submitted at the same time, and both policies are issued. Ts & Cs apply. Consider the PDS.|
What to consider before requesting life insurance quotes in Australia
Before requesting a life insurance quote, you might want first to determine a few things, including who and what you want to protect and what you can afford.
Determine how much life insurance you need
The amount of life insurance you need should be based on your stage of life and financial responsibilities. For example, if you have young children and a mortgage, you probably need more coverage compared to a young, single person, with no dependents. Make sure the cover amount you choose is sufficient to cover all your family’s future expenses.
The type of insurance you want
Carefully consider the type of insurance policy you’re likely to need by taking your age and health into account. If you’re looking for coverage to protect your income, in the event you’re unable to work because of an illness or accident, you’ll likely want income protection insurance or a TPD policy, depending on your circumstances and occupation. Generally, the options available to you, include:
- Life insurance: Pays a lump sum benefit in the event of your death or diagnosis of a terminal illness.
- TPD: Provides a once-off amount if you're unable ever to work again because you're totally and permanently disabled.
- Trauma insurance: A lump sum benefit is paid upon your diagnosis of one of the critical illnesses listed in your product disclosure statement (PDS).
- Income protection: Pays up to 75% of your salary as a monthly benefit if you can’t work for a specified period because of a sickness or injury.
Next, determine the premium amount you can afford to pay. You don't want to buy a policy only to cancel it within the year because you can't keep up with the payments. Because you’ll pay your premium on a regular basis, it should be something you can afford. Consider whether stepped or level premiums will suit your budget best.
- Stepped premiums: More cost-effective at the start of your policy but increases every year as you get older.
- Level premiums: Doesn’t change as you age but is more expensive when your policy initially starts.
Built-in benefits and optional paid features
Not all policies are created equal, some offer only the basics with limited features, while others include a comprehensive list of benefits.
Decide beforehand what type of features must be listed in your policy and those you’re willing to pay extra for. For example, depending on the insurer you choose, child cover could be free or added for an additional fee.
How important is health rewards?
Some major life insurance companies in Australia offers healthy living rewards as an incentive to living a healthier and more active lifestyle. Rewards include anything from premium discounts, to gym memberships and movie tickets.
If you need a bit more information or a comprehensive overview of your policy options, please consider a comparison website that also provides you with guidance from an insurance specialist.
How to compare life insurance quotes with ComparingExpert
Complete the online comparison quote form by answering a few questions: Your level of cover, age, gender, smoking status and state you live in. After that, you’ll be directed to our comparison tool where you can add more policy options and adjust your requirement, for example, your choice of premium and how you’d like to make payments. You can now compare premiums and features online and side-by-side.
- Select the price button to review premiums from a variety of major life insurance companies.
- Do not only compare price. Select the feature button and scroll down the page to see the benefits and features available from each insurer and how they rate against each other.
- Clicking on the question mark icon reveals a pop-up window explaining the insurance term.
Free online life insurance quotes
Generate real-time life quotes from multiple insurance providers
Fill in the quote form and submit your information
Tailor your quote to suit your specific requirements
Review pricing and features from up to 11 major life insurance companies
Apply for the policy you feel best suits your requirements and book an application. An insurance specialist will contact you to help you complete the application form.
Request an online life insurance policy comparison
Frequently asked questions and answers
Do online life insurance quotes reflect actual price?
It depends on the comparison website you choose. ComparingExpert’s quote tool is continually updated to reflects real-time life insurance pricing.
Is it safe to buy life insurance online?
Buying term life insurance policies online in Australia is generally safe. However, after you’ve selected a quote, it’s best to speak with a specialist that can provide clarity on all the features and potential riders you’re opting for.
Is it safer to buy life insurance online compared to offline?
It’s all about personal preference. The quickest and easiest way to compare life insurance quotes and buy a policy is online. However, many people still prefer a face-to-face consultation with a financial adviser. There is no right or wrong way to purchase life insurance. Just make sure the source is trustworthy by confirming their authorisation and licensing.
Where could I find a term life insurance rate chart/table?
You can either request a rate chart directly from the company; however, you'll then only be able to review the policies they offer, or you can use an online life insurance comparison website and request quotes based on your specifics.
Compare life insurance quotes online
- Use our quote tool to get cheap life insurance without compromising on value. Find the right life insurance for your specific requirements and budget.
- Discover what life insurance is, how it works in Australia, the benefits it provides you & your loved ones & whether you need it at this stage of your life.
- Get clarity about the pros and cons of buying life insurance directly from the insurer. Plus, a breakdown of ASIC’s 587 report & why you might need a broker
- 8 Tips for managing your life insurance premiums. Learn how premiums are calculated to help you find the right coverage & plan for possible future increases
- A guide to calculating how much life insurance you need at different stages of your life; single, couple, family or retired. 7 Tips to help you get it right
- Wondering which is best, level life insurance premiums or stepped premiums? It's a question many Australians struggle with when selecting a life, income, or trauma insurance policy. We reveal what you need to consider before choosing a premium structure and which type might be best suited to your specific circumstances