Kogan.com Officially Launches Health Insurance
While we are a privately-owned business, the offers that appear on this site are from companies from which www.comparingexpert.com.au receives compensation. We may receive compensation from our partners for placement of their products or services. We may also receive compensation if you click on certain links posted on our site.
While compensation arrangements may affect the order, position or placement of product information, it doesn’t influence our assessment of those products. Please don’t interpret the order in which products appear on our site as any endorsement or recommendation from us.
www.comparingexpert.com.au compares a select range of products, providers and services, but we don’t provide comparisons or information on all available products, providers or services. Please appreciate that there may be other options available to you than the products, providers or services covered by our service.
Online retailer Kogan.com and health insurer ahm are now offering budget-friendly health insurance policies under the new brand ‘Kogan Health’. The agreement between Medibank’s wholly owned subsidiary Australian Health Management (ahm) and Kogan.com will be for an initial three year period.
Policies are underwritten by ahm and marketed by Kogan.com, leveraging their brand and broad customer base.
Kogan.com founder, Ruslan Kogan, likes to describe his business as “a statistics business masquerading as an e-commerce company”, targeting mass-demand and partnering with private-labeled products and providers, such as Medibank Private. “The business is in the best shape it’s ever been”, remarked Mr Kogan referring to the 211,000 increase in active customers in the last six months.
The Medibank Group has over 3.7 million customers, with their ahm brand providing health insurance and extras cover to over 650,000 Australians. Medibank Group Executive, Chief Customer Officer David Koczka stated that with their ahm brand growing rapidly the partnership was a great match and will allow them to offer simple, affordable and better value health insurance to the Australian public.
“Having more than 8 million Aussies as active members of the Kogan community enables us to form strong commercial partnerships like this”, confirmed Executive Director of Kogan.com, David Shafer.
Together these two companies are offering very low health insurance premiums. The Kogan Entry Flexi starts at only $18.10 a week for singles and $36.25 a week for couples and families (premiums are based on pre-April increases).
Kogan Health promises to provide customers with the same benefits as most recognised providers, and even to reward customer loyalty with an increased extras limit each financial year, for five years, on a number of Kogan Health products.
The launch also comes with a special offer. Until 28 February 2018 customers who purchase a policy through koganhealth.com.au will be able to receive $200 off hospital and extras policies (up to $100 for singles) and $60 Kogan.com credit. This special is subject to terms and conditions. Unfortunately, if you are an existing ahm member you will not be eligible to receive this offer.
In the June-half of this year, we can expect the launch of Kogan Life Insurance. In partnership with Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd, Kogan.com will offer life insurance and funeral insurance.
- Pensioners could benefit from private health insurance that includes comprehensive hospital and extras services. Find out if you need it & how much it costs.
- Get the best health insurance promotions &save on premiums or have your Extras waiting periods waived. Find out which health funds offer sign-up incentives.
- Review Medibank’s flexible health cover options for singles, couples & families. Find out if their Hospital and Extras policies will meet your requirements.
- Discover what HCF has to offer you and if it suits your specific requirements and budget. Review and compare their Hospital, Extras and Package options.
- If you’re between the ages of 18 and 29 years old, you can save up to 10% on your hospital premiums. Discover which health funds provide youth discounts.
- Learn how Access Gap Cover can help you reduce or eliminate out-of-pocket specialist fees for in-hospital treatments. Compare gap health insurance providers.