If you’ve recently received a letter from Frank or saw one of their adverts and want to know what they provide, then read our review of their features, benefits and exclusions so you can make a fully informed decision.
Frank Health Insurance promises to offer you cheap, online health cover. Providing consumers with the freedom to choose from a range of policy options to cover a wide selection of medical services and treatments. Frank private health insurance strives to remove insurance confusion by letting you buy, claim, and manage your policy online, from the comfort of your home.
You can choose from a range of options, giving you the flexibility to take out standalone cover or pair it with other products. Alternatively, you can choose one of their existing, neatly packaged bundles of cover.
Frank’s Hospital Covers
Basic Hospital: Entry-level option, which provides cover for private patient care in a public hospital. This option is also available with some private hospital cover for common procedures, like appendix removal, hernia repair, etc. but it will involve an extra fee.
Better Hospital: Mid-level option, which combines the benefits of private health cover, without the super high premium. It covers public hospital accommodation and a shared room in a private hospital. You can get partial cover for a single room in a private hospital with co-payments.
Best Hospital: Comprehensive option, which covers you for a private room in a private hospital. You can also choose to take out a Best Hospital policy without any pregnancy cover.
Frank’s Extras, also known as ancillary cover, includes insurance for treatments like dental, optical, physio, chiro, and other therapies. Because these treatments aren’t usually done in a hospital, your hospital policy won’t cover them, and neither does Medicare.
Frank offers you the choice between Some Extras and Lots Extras.
Some Extras: Choose between a policy that gives 50% back or one that gives you 80% back on common treatments like optical, dental, and physio.
Lots Extras: Choose between a policy that gives you 50% back or one that gives you 80% back on treatments, like podiatry, psychology, and travel vaccinations. This option also lets you enjoy bigger benefit limits.
Frank bundle cover
Frank provides customers with the opportunity to bundle hospital cover with extras cover as a pre-packed option.
Frank general exclusions
Frank Health Insurance has a list of exclusions that are built into their hospital cover policies, their extras cover policies, and bundled policies. Meaning, Frank won’t pay your claim for any of the following reasons:
- If your membership has been suspended.
- If you received the treatment overseas.
- If you bought the drugs from outside the hospital, like from a chemist.
- If your policy states that it doesn’t cover the treatment.
- If you can get the treatment from the government for free, and you can review what the government covers by looking here.
- If you haven’t served the stipulated waiting period or benefit limitation period.
- If you hire equipment, like crutches, unless otherwise stated.
- If you received the treatment, you are claiming for more than a year ago.
- If you received treatment from a relative or business partner.
- If you received treatment from someone, who doesn’t work in private practice for a registered hospital or another organisation not recognised by Frank.
Review Frank health insurance and compare their products to similar health cover products to make sure you’re getting the best value for money. What’s suitable for one person, might not be suitable to another. Shop around.